Sunday, November 11, 2007

New furniture!

Dean and I have owned our couch and love seat for about 5 years. We really like the set, except for the fabric which shows stains very easily and doesn't clean up well.

Well, this fall I made the bad (or good) decision to kill a mosquito on the arm of our couch which happened to be full of blood. Gross...I know.

We had bought a stain protection warranty so I immediately called the number and filed a claim. Long story short...the stain didn't come out and the fabric was ruined. They no longer carry this fabric so we got a credit to go pick out new furniture!! This has been both a blessing and a curse. It's great to be getting brand new couches. However, we liked these couches and they don't have them anymore. So we decided to go with something totally different. But, since we are currently renting, we really don't know what size of room these will eventually end up in. While looking around we really liked a large brown micro-fiber sectional. It is so comfortable and offers so much seating...something we were always lacking. However it is HUGE! It will fit in our current living room but may look a little oversized. The three pieces can be split apart so we may end up leaving one piece off and storing it until we move. We figure in the next place we live it can either go in the living room if it is big enough or can go in a basement. It is supposed to come in sometime mid to late November so I will update you on how it goes!

No comments: