Thursday, December 11, 2008

The reason for no posts...


(Kate modeling new floors)

The reason I haven't been posting much it two fold:

First, we unexpectedly but delightfully have remodeled our first floor. My wonderful Dad, the master carpenter, call on a Friday offering to redo our floors starting the following Monday. This is something we wanted to do whenever he was available. So of course we said yes! This involved pulling the kitchen out, ripping out all the old flooring, putting in new flooring, etc. And while you have that all pulled out you might as well replace the fixtures in the dated powder room, replace the back door, fix the front door, put new baseboard on, and case out all the door openings. "If you're going to do it right." It's been quite a dirty and involved job but I am so thankful for a well skilled Dad who is so giving of his time and expertise.

Second, I have been using facebook much more and feel like I am doing double duty with the blog.

Soooooo, hopefully I will have some before and after pictures soon. Until then pray for my sanity and energy to get this project done! Off to prime some door jams!

No comments: