Our little ballerina. She has been enjoying this class and seems to get more and more comfortable each week.
This looks cute but it probably ended in one kid in trouble and the other crying...or both crying. Kate has been overly affectionate with her brother lately to the point of pain. Something we are trying to work on.
My happy* little guy.
Collin can now push up on his elbows and this mat he plays on is useless as he rolls all over the place. If I start him on the mat he ends up somewhere completely different.
This shirt has a picture of a crab and says crabby which was appropriate for this day...although you wouldn't know it from this picture.
*Collin is a happy guy if...you are looking at him, holding him, or playing with him. His smile just lights up his face but his cry can pierce your ears! So the big question is "how is he sleeping!?" Well, on the average night he goes to bed between 6 and 6:30, although I am going to try and put him down at 6 since he crabs all though dinner. It is just hard to fix dinner by 6 and put him to bed at 6. Not sure how to do that. Anyway...so he goes to bed around 6:30 then wakes up at around 10:30 or 11pm. Then again around 3 or 4am. He is up for the day somewhere between 5 and 6 am. This may seem like we still aren't sleeping well, but it is a HUGE improvement from where we were so I am happy with that..for now. Kate likes to join the fun by waking up once in the night a few nights a week and is up by 6:15 am latest. This has become the main reason I now set up my coffee maker to go off automatically at 6 am. That is what gets me out of bed. Knowing a hot cup of coffee is waiting for me. Oh and to spend quality time with my two adorable kids. That too.
In other news...Kate is completely potty trained. She has been day-time trained for a while but now is night time trained. I think she could have done this a while ago but wearing a pull up was sort of a crutch for her. We just went cold turkey and she did great. The kid can hold it. No weak bladder here!
Some funny recent moments:
- Collin like to try and "pick" the monkeys off Kate's monkey pj's. This is usually met with "No! Col-Lin!"
- Kate told me tonight I am the best cooker of spaghetti she ever tasted. I like to think so.
- When I thanked Kate for taking me out for Mother's day she said, "No Mommy, you took me out. I was sitting in the back seat!"
- After being crabby virtually all of mothers day (I guess we are all entitled to those days) Kate said, "I can stop Mother's Day whenever I want. I'm going to make it Halloween!) Nice. Just warms my heart.
- Kate makes up new nick names for Collin every day. Yesterday it was "whipped cream."
- Kate is really into signs. So now while we drive she asks what each sign says. Some are rather difficult to explain. I think she will be reading early.
No comments:
Post a Comment